Friday, October 07, 2005

Time to go to work!

My husband has the day off today. It figures that it's Friday, it's raining and he didn't have to be out of bed at the crack of dawn (as he usually is), which then made my efforts of getting out of bed about an hour too late to actually make it to work semi-on time. But, it was definitely nice snuggling with him this morning, though he was interested in doing much more.

I met and fell in love with my husband about 3 years ago. He came into my life totally unexpectedly and swept me off of my feet. We've had what I guess you could call a whirlwind romance--we had been dating for 3 or 4 months when he told me that he wanted to marry me, got engaged 7 months after that and got married a year after being engaged. But, during that relatively short time period, we have been through more together than some married couples face during their entire marriage. Instead of running from each other, we supported one another through some really tough times (more about that in another posting) and even though all exit doors were open and both of us could have run from each other like our hair was on fire, we didn't and got married in a very intimate affair 4 months ago.

Our wedding day was the most wonderful day of my life!! If I could do it over again, I totally would. Not because there are things that I wish we could have done differently, but because the feelings and emotions that we experienced that day were so true and sweet and genuine . . . that's a once in a lifetime experience and I would like to relive it over and over and over again. I am sure that it will get old after a while, but I just can't get enough of our wedding pictures, looking at our ceremony program, thinking about how I felt when I first went up on the altar with him, him holding my hand and rubbing my arm thoughout the ceremony, the way my parents looked . . . oh, everything was just so wonderful!!!!

We didn't do much for our "honeymoon." We told people that we went to the beach, just so that no one would call us or so that we (mostly me) wouldn't feel compelled to talk to and do things with other people while we had taken the week after our wedding off. And, we wanted time away from work and to just be with each other with nothing wedding related to do. It was just quality me and him time and it was perfect.

It was the first time, since we had bought (one of the reasons that we didn't go on a true honeymoon) and moved into our house last December, that we were able to spend a substantial amount of time in it. We both commute pretty long distances to work each day and we are usually out and about every weekend. So, to be at home for a whole week, with nothing to do or no schedule to keep, was really a lot of fun actually. We'd hang out at a nearby pool during the day, go to different restaurants and stuff. At night we would watch movies, read and talk with one another. It truly was relaxing and we both hated to go back to work that Monday.

We didn't go away for our honeymoon for a number of reasons, but the main ones were that we had primarily paid for the wedding ourselves, after my husband hadn't been working for 3 months after we bought our house. Needless to say, the money wasn't flowing and we weren't going into the "poor house" just to say we went to some exotic locale for our honeymoon. As long as we were together, that's all that mattered!

So, that's the short story of "Honey" and me. More about just me in a posting to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home