Tuesday, October 11, 2005

What a fabulous outfit!

Rose looks incredible today! She has on this off-white twill denim style jacket with ruffles along the front, the neckline and the sleeves, with this pine green cordouroy skirt with fringe on the seems and tall, brown riding boots. She looks really, really fabulous . . . total magazine material.

As much as I would like to call myself a total fashion "do" and perhaps even a trendsetter, Rose can easily take the cake for this one. She really does have an "on point" sense of style and a boyfriend's bank account to satisfy that desire to be fabulous. We actually talked a little about that this morning.

I was telling her that I have been feeling a little down lately and that desire to go shopping (my usual antidote for the "blues") is getting stronger and stronger. I'm trying to fight it, but I just keep wanting to go shopping more and more. The history is, I have a shopping problem. I wouldn't necessarily call it an addiction because I can control it (at least most of the time). However, because of my issues from back in the day--when I used to shop to make up for the things that were missing in my life--I have more than one's requisite amount of credit card debt. So, because I have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to the credit card companies (yes there's more than one) each month and I have limited myself to spending only the money that I have in my checking account (unless it is a legitimate emergency . . . and the newest Kate Spade does not count--unfortunately) my shopping expeditions have been cut down tremendously! Now, not only am I down about feeling like I should be doing more and doing something else with my life, I get even more down because I don't even have the money to do the one thing that really gives me that pick-me-up that I need every once in a while!!!

All of that being said, while I wish that I had access to an abundance of funds as it would seem Rose does, I wouldn't trade what I have with Honey. He may not or I should say that we may not be able to spend money on lavish hotels and exotic dinners out on a regular basis, but I never question Honey's commitment to me, whether or not I am his top priority and there is no doubt that I am his one and only! Rose may have a killer wardrobe, but she doesn't have the man that she wants and I think she deserves. Although, did I mention that she has a killer wardrobe?

On the flip side, my boss is out of her damned mind. This past weekend, Eve had to attend a function for work. It was a cocktail kind of event and her husband got sick and couldn't come with her. She was going to wear this one cocktail dress, but her neuroses wouldn't allow her to wear it without her husband, because people might be looking at her inappropriately. Anywho, she goes out and buys this $1800 St. John dress or suit, I can't remember which, for this stupid event!!! Can you believe that?!?!?!?!

Now, the funny thing about this is, one day, she and I were talking about designers and who makes what and what things cost, etc. I mentioned that I really liked this St. John jacket that I saw at Nordstrom, but that I wasn't interested in spending $450 for something that I wasn't sure I would like in a year. Eve responded that she didn't know how people could spend that kind of money on St. John clothes. I felt it only natural to mention that my Mom wears a lot of St. John and the money spent is well spent, especially for the more classic pieces because they are timeless. Then she tried to clean it up and say that she couldn't do it . . . she just couldn't in good consciousness spend that kind of money on clothes.

Well, there are two things that I have to say about that. One, she does spend that kind of money on clothes, just not all at one time or on just one thing. Second, I am going to assume that she bought that St. John thing while having an out of body experience because she said that she just couldn't see plausible, she has MPD (multiple personality disorder) and was not her reasonable self when she bought that outfit! Who knows? But one thing is for sure, her refinance money is getting pissed away!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home