Monday, December 05, 2005

It's another Monday

Well, what can I say . . . it's Monday. The forecast is calling for snow, but I don't believe that it's going to be anything major (maybe I will surprised, but I doubt it). Honey keeps saying that I won't have to go to work tomorrow, but I keep telling him that I'd rather psychologically be ready for work only to not have to go as opposed to hoping that I won't have to go, but end up having to. No expectations! Speaking of expectations . . .

No one tells you this (well, maybe they did and I just didn't listen), but once you get married, your expectations of your spouse change. For example, when Honey and I were dating, it seemed like he did things for me around our then apartment, without me even asking. I will never forget the weekend that I was away with my sorority sisters. I was dog-tired when I got home, but to my delight, Honey had cleaned the entire apartment from top to bottom. I was completely floored. I never asked him to do it or mentioned anything about it needing to be clean. He just did it. Now, there is no question that our house needs to be cleaned on a regular basis, but it's like he has absolutely no clue. He'll acknowledge that things need to get done, but heaven forbid he actually initiate the cleaning effort . . . I'd pee myself if he did!!

A few weeks ago, I mentioned getting a housekeeper/cleaning lady, hoping that perhaps he would realize how ridiculous that would be considering he is home 3 days a week. But, he didn't get it and proceeded to suggest places where I could look to find someone. Can you believe that?!?!? Now, when I am at home for any length of time, I'm constantly doing things. If I was at home as much as he is, I honestly believe that our house would be spotless. But, unless I specifically tell him to do something, like vacuum the floors, I'm not entirely sure what he does with his days. And, while he is in school, he doesn't spend the entire day studying or doing schoolwork so that has been thought of and dismissed as an excuse. What's funny is he actually has the nerve to say that he's going to get a t-shirt made that says, "I'm the husband, not the butler." Only he thinks that shit is funny because as far as cleaning our house goes, he doesn't do near enough shit!!! Oh well, what are you going to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home