Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It's all about the shoes!

Eve, as you know, is a total copy cat. Whatever Rose (who I am going to really miss) and I get something, she wants to know where we bought it, how much, who makes it, etc. Then, she'll go out and buy it too.

A while back, I mentioned a coat and a pair of boots that I saw in the Bloomingdale's cataloge that I really wanted for my birthday, which is on Nov. 11th. I didn't mean to say where I saw them, but somehow (probably because I just talk too damned much) Bloomingdale's came up. I said that they were this beautiful pair of cowboy boots (I love and have loved cowboy boots).

A few weeks ago, Eve went to New York and while she was there, she did some shopping. Apparently, she scoped out the same coat that Rose had bought when she was in NYC as well, but decided that Rose might be mad at her if she bought the same coat in a different color (for once she was on the money). She told me all about the coat that she did eventually buy, but neglected to tell me that she also bought a pair of cowboy boots; that she mentioned to Rose. Anyway, I got so pissed because I just knew that the reason she hadn't mentioned the boots to me was because she bought the boots that I wanted (I put an emphasis on wanted because I don't have them at this point in time). So I am ranting to Rose and calling Chip and Honey and telling them about Eve and how much I can't stand that she does stuff like that and that the reason she didn't tell me about the boots is because she knew I would be pissed and on and on and on. All that, and come to find out, they weren't the boots that I want.

Well, last week, I decide that I want this pair of boots that I saw on the Nordstrom website. I wanted to see them in person and try them on before buying them. So, I decided to go to the store and get them. They, unfortunately, didn't have the boots that I went there for, but had some other cute ones that I decided to try on. The one pair that I liked, matches this really funky belt that I bought at a little boutique around the way. I decided that those were the ones that I was going to buy that night.

The next day, I wore my funky belt and my boots to work. Eve takes one look at my shoes and says that she "needs those boots." She goes on and on about them and I just veered the conversation onto something else. A little while later, as I am talking to Rose in her office, Eve comes in and starts in about my boots again and is literally standing over me to inspect them. She then tells me how they look just like and have the same stitching as the boots that she bought. Eve proceeds to ask me who makes them, at which point I told her that I wasn't going to tell her. She keeps on it for a little while longer and finally realizes that I am not giving up the scoop and let's it go.

As I am continuing my conversation with Rose, it finally dawns on me, I bought the same boots that Eve did, only in a different color!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?!?! After all the smack that I talked about her buying the same stuff that I have, I turned around and bought the same damned boots that she bought!!!! Unbelieveable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home