Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Ok, so what do they really want?

I've been in meeting after meeting with some of the senior staff at my new job. They've been telling me about all of these great recruitment ideas and projects and programs that they would like to develop, implement, etc. But, what they haven't told me is how and when they expect to get it all done. While I am a woman who can to rise to any occasion and make things happen, I am also realistic. There are a lot of things that I can do, particularly with help, but then there is "what more do they want from me?"

I only say this because my office is an office of one, that one being me! I have no dedicated administrative support, yet, I will be/am responsible for numerous mass mailings, planning and in some cases attending several regional recruitment receptions and I am supposed to put on this all out bash in the spring to showcase the company. Not to mention actually talking to and having extensive interactions with possible new employees. So, my question to all of these folks with whom I am meeting is what do you really want? Yes, this is what you would like to see happen, and it may be something that is feasible at this point and time. But, without additional resources to support me, what is it that you really want?

Perhaps as event planning gets underway, I will be in a better position to gauge what is realistic and what is just not going to happen this year or ever without help. But, I don't want to seem hesitant to do things, just because I am new and I don't want to be seen as incapable, non-proactive or not a go-getter. Yeah, I am very capable, extremely pro-active and I'm not entirely sure that you can call someone who has had 5 jobs in 2 years not a go-getter, but damn are they for real? Or am I just not giving myself enough credit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home